Joint part for the Banking Forum and Insurance Forum
9:00 – 9:30 Registration and morning coffee
9:30 – 9:45 The opening ceremony of the Conference
- Mariusz Grendowicz,Chairman of the Banking Forum Advisory Board
- Artur Olech,Chairman of the Insurance Forum Advisory Board / CEO hiPRO
9:45 – 10:00 Guest of honor speech
- Dr Korbinian Ibel,Managing Director – Microprudential Supervision, European Central Bank
10:00 – 11:15 Thematic block:
Triangle of banks – insurers – fintechs. Competing yesterday, cooperating today, tomorrow…?
- GAFA (Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Apple) giving tone in financial services, making dedicated digital
platforms for them, creating a better experience and higher values for the client than for the banks,
insurers and fintechs. Can traditional banks and insurers provide worse solutions than fintechs?
- testing new methods of sharing client information; system migrations to the cloud; implementing
oriented architecture for services (ensuring compatibility with various systems); connecting customer
support systems and interfaces with common sources of information as well as applications – what’s
- Tendency to further develop payment options and their greater diversity and looking for ways to ensure
resistance for the infrastructure, which has to process them
- The potential of Blockchain technology as a financial middleman – use cases, more and less obvious
chances and threats
- The question of understanding needs in the area of evolution of regulatory and legal provisions, so that
they can keep up with innovations
- What did Polish financial institutions do, so that they could activate Polish start-ups? A summer and
activating activities for the future
11:15 – 12:15 Thematic block:
Hundred years of independence – so what’s next?
- an economic history lesson of the last century. The role of visionaries and a lesson of economic crises,
including the most recent global crisis – what experiences from the past should we remember for the
- Poland’s place in Europe (inc. Euro) and the main European challenges (the source of a potential crisis
and the possibility to counteract it, competitive advantages and the source of success)
- the most important challenges for Poland. Poland’s financial sector in a 10 year perspective (how to
gain success and limit the risk of failure)
- Cooperation between banks and insurers with e-administration and its perspectives. The role of
accelerators of business. What should digital solutions look like, so that it won’t end on ideas, but
commercialize and promote changes?
- Joao Bras Jorge, President of the Management Board, Bank Millennium
- Jacek Bartkiewicz, Member of the Management Board, National Bank of Poland
- Michał Chyczewski, President of the Management Board, Alior Bank
- Leszek Skiba, Under-Secretary of State, Chief Spokesman for Public Finance Discipline, Ministry of Finances
- Józef Wancer, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Bank BGŻ BNP Paribas
- Roman Szwed, President of the Management Board, Atende
12:15 – 13:15 Networking break
12:15 – 13:15 Thematic block
Bancassurance market –will it be reborn
- How to expand the bancassurance segment?
- How to expand cooperation between banks and insurers?
- The most valuable products on the bancassurance market?
- Diversification or concentrating on a chosen area of the bancassurance market?
- Development of the bancassurance market and the impact of regulation – IDD Directive
- Bancassurance on the debt insurance market
- Who is a client for bancassurance? Perspectives in new fields
- Michał Gomowski, President of the Management Board, Benefia Ubezpieczenia
- Marcin Pawlak, Vice-President of Employers of the Republic of Poland
- Jan Zimowicz, Member of the Management Board, Aegon TUnŻ
14:15 – 15:15 Thematic block
Deregulation in the age of regulation – time to start? Impact of deregulation on competitiveness
- How can new solutions affect the distribution network, the method and process of offering insurance?
- Is a new „war on processes” waiting for us, who’s easier, simpler and faster for both agent and client?
- IDD and GDPR – will the implementation of these Regulations have an impact on specific distribution
- What about agent responsibility?
- The necessity to make changes and market professionalization thanks to legislative changes
- New regulation as an impulse for the digitization of the industry and the potential for sales growth in
online channels, new forms of police distribution
- What is the value of new regulations for the client?
- Global and European requirements and Polish realities
- Value subtracted due to excessive regulation
- Rafał Hiszpański, President of the Management Board, D.A.S. Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń Ochrony Prawnej S.A
- Anna Włodarczyk-Moczkowska, President of the Management Board, Gothaer
- Maciej Rapkiewicz, Member of the Management Board, PZU SA i PZU Życie SA
15:15 – 16:15 Lunch