3rd Grand Gala of Banking World Leaders was held on 2nd of April, 2014, at 7 p.m. at the Westin hotel in Warsaw. Inauguration of Grand Gala was held by Rafał Baniak, undersecretary of state at Ministry of Treasury, and Józef Wancer, Chairman of the Competition Jury.
Prizes in particular categories were awarded to:
- The most innvovative bank of the Year 2013 – mBank – not only for consolidation of brands, but also for establishing mBank – revolutionary project concerning electronic and mobile banking
- The most interesting innovation of the Year 2013 – IKO (PKO Bank Polski) – for application, which combines bank and payment functions, revolutionary, and simultaneously very intuitive solution enabling paying without carrying cash nor cards
- The fastest growing bank of the year 2013 – Bank Zachodni WBK – for 3rd place among Polish banks and consequent persuading clients to its brand; for skilful establishing of position on the market
- Corporate Social Responsibility 2013 – „Bakcyl” program (WIB) – for showing an example of responsible social cooperation in banking sector, in order to increase financial knowledge of young generation in Poland.
- The Best Big Bank of the Year 2013 – Bank Zachodni WBK
- The Best Medium & Small Bank of the Year – Alior Bank
- Menager of the Year 2013 – Mateusz Morawiecki, President of the Management Board, Bank Zachodni WBK – for being a true leader, for ambition, determination and skills, which enabled conduction of operation connecting BZ WBK with Kredyt Bank
- Person of the Year 2013 – Cezary Stypułkowski, President of the Management Board, mBank – for courage, consequence and perfectionism in changing BRE bank into mBank
In Grand Gala participated representatives of public administration, top management of banking and insurance sectors, as well as media.
Grand Gala was hosted by Marcin Prokop. Musical performance was held by Mateusz Mijal.
The main goal of the competition is to reward people who have significantly contributed to the development of the banking and insurance sectors in Poland as well as to reward the most efficient banks and interesting solutions.
Full photo coverage from the event.