On October 25th -26th, 2021, the 22nd Banking Forum and the 18th Insurance Forum were held at The Westin Warsaw hotel, organized as part of the Meeting of Banking and Insurance Leaders. During the event, almost 450 participants listened to substantive speeches and debates on the most urgent issues regarding the priorities and challenges of the financial sector in Poland.
The congress was officially opened by Zbigniew Jagiełło, who took up the position of Co-Chairman of the Banking Forum Advisory Board.
“When I look at 2020 and 2021, it is clear to me that an era has ended (…).The decade that we also lived together, that is, when the financial crisis broke out  (…) we thought then that a certain world had ended and a new world was beginning. This crisis reached Poland in a slightly flattened way, because Poland did not experience any recessions, it was a slowdown, only one quarter with negative GDP, then the response to this crisis was (…) three things: regulations, regulations, regulations. Looking from this perspective of 10 years, I have the impression that various supervisory institutions are moving towards creating such regulations that will lead to the point where no man and no institution will make any mistakes.”
“This world, when March 2021 came, completely failed. We have all been paralyzed by this situation related to the coronavirus pandemic. In my opinion, this is the beginning of something new that I am not able to, nor do I think most of us are able to define in such a way that we know what is going on (…)The volatility we see, the capital market, listed companies, banks, insurance companies, experienced a rollercoaster last year – downhill and upward rebound; but in addition to this trend, there were also winners in this pandemic situation: companies that did not decline, but actually rebounded from this pandemic situation and grew rapidly “- commented Zbigniew Jagiełło, Co-chairman of the Banking Forum Advisory Board.
During the inaugural debate moderated by Zbigniew Jagiełło, the speakers discussed the economy after the pandemic, taking into account the key opportunities and threats for the financial sector in Poland. The role of financial institutions in stabilizing the economic situation and stimulating the country’s reconstruction was discussed, taking into account the horizons and priorities of the new reality. The discussion was attended by: Paweł Borys, President of the Management Board, Polski Fundusz Rozwoju; Radosław Kwiecień, Member of the Management Board, Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego; Wojciech Hann, President of the Management Board, Bank Ochrony Środowiska; Joao Bras Jorge, President of the Management Board, Bank Millennium; Marcin Nedwidek, Board President, UNIQA; Marcin Petrykowski, Advisor to the Management Board, Atende and Leszek Skiba, Board President, Bank Pekao S.A.
The following thematic blocks discussed issues related to the impact of the pandemic on the pace of changes in the financial sector – new investment needs and their financing in the context of KPO and Green Transformation, as well as the role of technology in relation to customer needs and the declining profitability of the sector. Technological strategies for the development of the financial sector were analyzed and the financial sector was compared to other sectors in terms of competitiveness and advantages of new entities that appeared on the market. The issues related to the digital revolution in mortgage loans, including accelerating the transformation of the credit process and new trends related to mortgage loans: regulations, digitization of processes and improvement of the customer’s journey.
The first day of the Banking & Insurance Forum ended with a unique event – Presidents Meeting, a gala attended by key representatives of the management boards of the most important financial institutions in Poland.
The hosts of the meeting were the Chairmen of the Banking Forum Advisory Board: Zbigniew Jagiełło and Andrzej Kopyrski. The group of guests was joined by, among others:
- Iwona Duda, President of the Management Board, PKO Bank Polski
- Beata Daszyńska-Muzyczka, President of the Management Board, Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
- Paweł Borys, President of the Management Board, Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A.
- Joao Bras Jorge, President of the Management Board, Bank Millennium
- Leszek Skiba, President of the Management Board, Bank Pekao S.A.
- Józef Wancer, Honorary Chairman of the Supervisory Board, BNP Paribas
The second day of the congress started with a debate on trends in the area of Customer Experience in banking and insurance as well as designing customer experiences in digital. Then the experts commented on the new management models for sales networks, insurance distribution and customer service. The current expectations of consumers regarding banking and the impact of these needs on the functioning of financial institutions were also discussed. There were also topics related to the development of electromobility in the context of the importance of this trend for the insurance industry as well as changes in the labor market and work models in the area of finance.
The speakers of the 22nd Banking Forum and the 18th Insurance Forum included, among others:
- Maciej Brzozowski, Vice President of the Management Board, managing the work of the Management Board, Alior Bank
- Piotr Bułka, Member of the Management Board, Generali
- Andrzej Kopyrski, Co-Chairman of the Advisory Board, Banking Forum / Managing Director of the Investment Division, Polish Development Fund
- Tomasz Kowalski, President of the Management Board, Deutsche Bank
- Piotr Krawczyk, Managing Director, Application Development and Maintenance Division, PKO BP
- Adam Malinowski, Vice President of the Management Board, Signal Iduna
- Tomasz Mańko, Vice President of the Management Board, PKO Ubezpieczenia
- Adam Marciniak, Vice President of the Management Board, CCC
- Rafał Mosionek, Vice President of the Management Board, Compensa
- Michał Mrożek, Vice President of the Management Board, ING Bank Śląski
- Marat Nevretdinov, President of the Management Board, Europa Ubezpieczenia
- Krzysztof Pietraszkiewicz, President of the Management Board, Polish Bank Association
- Paulina Skrzypińska, Chief Innovation Officer, BNP Paribas Bank Polska
- Aleksandra Sroka-Krzyżak, Head of Strategy, Chief of Staff, Allegro
- Cezary Stypułkowski, President of the Management Board, mBank
- Krzysztof Szypuła, Member of the Management Board, PZU SA
- Wojciech Werochowski, Vice President of the Management Board, Bank Pekao SA
The full list of speakers is available at https://bankowosciubbezpieczenia.pl/prelegenci/
Partners of the 22. Banking Forum and 18. Insurance Forum:
Strategic Partners: Atende, Demoboost, Limitless Technologies, PFR Portal PPK, Salesforce, SAS Institute
Strategic Partners of the Banking Forum: BOŚ Bank, Comarch, Viafintech, VISA,
Partners of the Banking Forum: Alfavox, BillTech, Crif, DDH Direct Digital House, DLK Legal, ERIF Biuro Informacji Gospodarczej, ITCard, Kiosk Polis, KUKE, National Contact Point / Polish Bank Association, Pexip, Samsung, Sentione, T-Mobile, Wordline Global , Profescapital
Partners of the Insurance Forum: ARC-Europe, Bacca Berg System, Britenet, Cenatorium, Comadso, DDH Direct Digital House, Insly, ITSurance Group, National Contact Point / Polish Bank Association, Worldline Global, Abak, Profescapital
Main Media Patronage: Comparic
Main Media Patronage of the Insurance Forum: Gazeta Ubezpieczeniowa
The congress is carried out as part of the activities of MMC Polska, which organizes prestigious congresses, conferences, workshops and business training dedicated to managerial staff and company boards. More at www.mmcpolska.pl.
We invite you to see the photo report of the 22nd Banking Forum and the 18th Insurance Forum.